Feb 25, 2016

California Countdown

California  - here we come

Today we will write about our excitement to go (back) to California in exactly 55 days!
As some of you might know, I've lived there for a year in 2013/2014 and worked as an Au-Pair in a hostfamily. Just as an important side note: That family became my family and I'm a part of theirs. They loved me from the very first moment and I couldn't imagine living with somebody else besides them. I had the time of my life and don't want to know how I would be without that experience. I wouldn't be the same person as I am right now and for that fact, I am truly forever thankful. So a special and big thank you goes out to my wonderful hostfamily: Thanks Laura, Alex, Sandi, Steve, Dave and Gale!
This is the biggest reason, why I am flying back to California. As a special guest I will bring my boyfriend with me and will introduce him to them. I know they'll like each other and we will have a terrific time together.
Regarding this, I will show you guys our planned route. But don't be too hard on us, if not everything is going to work out like described below. It's going to be a roadtrip, which means: We go, whereever the road is taking us. It is definitely going to be an adventure. I already travelled to most of the places we are going to, but it's always different to travel with family and friends or with the one you loved and you're in a relationship with.
Christian and I did some roadtrips last year (for example to Venice, which was great) but just for 4-5 days without anything planned ahead. So the California roadtrip will be a little longer since we are having almost 3 weeks to discover all the beautiful places around the Golden State.

We are flying into LAX Thursday 21st of April. We'll spend the first day in Los Angeles (hopefully with my beloved friend Julia and go from there up north!)
I already know that our first stop will be "In n Out Burger" which I'm crazy about! When I lived in California it was kind of my second home. I'm craving a real In n Out burger!

So good


The first weekend we will spend close to Lake Tahoe with my host family. It's an incrediable and beautiful lake full of great spots and a lot of fun things to do. You can either go swimming in summer or go skiing in winter, which Tahoe is famous for. Tahoe is located in the east of California, where California meets Nevada. Here are some impressions:





Winter

 
 
Summer


We will stay with my host family until the next thursday morning. I will show Christian Sacramento and hope that I can take the kids to school and see how their daily life changed.
For the rest, I guess I'll spend the nights talking with my host mum and dad talking forever. Actually, I can't wait for that Laura! We will have a lot to chat about. And because I know us two, it will be endless! Another great thing on top of all that: I can legally have a glass of wine!  Yeah!


Thursday, we will start our epic roadtrip, which also means that I have to say Goodbye to my very beloved family. But I know, that I will be back sooner as I might think. (Hopefully for a internship next year!)


    Here's an overview



Basically we will hit the typical California spots:

✦ San Francisco (favorite city!)
✦ the California Coast including Santa Cruz, Carmel and Monterey, Big Sur, Malibu
 Los Angeles/ Santa Monica, Hollywood
 San Diego
✦ Tijuana (Mexico)
✦ Las Vegas (Spring Break!)
✦ Death Valley
✦ Grand Canyon
✦ Sequoia National Park

In general, we would love to see a lot of Californias nature including some National Parks, the Hollywood Hills, Death Valley and the Grand Canyon. On top of that we'll go sightseeing (only the real important sights) and check out the cities.

Do you have any special spots I don't know about we can't miss out?
If so, please leave us a comment ✉ 
It would really help us to make our adventure even more special than we already imagine. 


Hope you can inspire us to experience even more fun things during our trip!

If you wanna see more about my Au-Pair year, click here for my YouTube video


xoxo,

Michelle

Santa Cruz
San Francisco/ Lombard Street

Los Angeles/Venice Beach

Las Vegas

Mono Lake 

1 comment:

  1. I really hope I can have a road trip in California aswell. That's my dream! I can't wait for your post after you do it. I hope you will have fun :)

    And if you would like to see some smoothie ideas, check my new blog post at:
    adventurousmiles.com

    ReplyDelete